- 1 tin chickpeas
- 2 tbsp light tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- Big pinch sea salt
- 4 tbsp ice-cold water
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- To garnish
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Plug in the food processor. Peel the garlic. Add the garlic and lemon juice to the food processor. All to sit. ( watch the video recipe to see why )
- Drain the chickpeas and peel (use this as a mindful moment – be present when you peel the chickpeas simply just peel the chickpeas. Feel them, look at the shape, notice the aroma, observe how your hands are moving). Discard the skin. Keep back about 8/10 chickpeas.
- Add the chickpeas to the food processor. Add in the tahini and salt.
- Add in 3 tbsp of oil and water. Blitz, blitz, blitz. Blitz more.
- Taste. Adjust the flavour here. It will possibly need a little more lemon juice, another pinch of salt and even another tbsp of oil and water. Blitz more.
- Blitz for about 4/5 minutes in total to get a brilliantly smooth hummus.
- To serve, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, a sprinkle of cumin and the remaining whole chickpeas.