10 Health & Wellness Podcasts You Need In Your Ears6th May 2020
Mindful Hummus8th May 2020
Check out this tasty recipe from The Firefighting Chef Paul Knapp who joined us at Thrive Festival 2020!
For the glazed mushrooms/tofu:
- 650g containers of button mushrooms
- 250g Tofu
- 1 tbs high heat oil like olive or sesame
- 1 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 2 tbs tamari (gluten-free soy sauce) or soy sauce
- 1 tsp grated ginger
For the rice noodles & vegetables:
- 1 package of noodles of your choice
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, diced or use an onion it ok honest
- 2 packs of baby broccoli, ends cut off and if the stems are thick-cut them in half lengthwise
- 5 stalks kale, cut into shreds
- 1 head of Pak Choy and any other veggies you want to add in
For the Teriyaki Sauce:
- ¼ cup tamari (gluten-free soy sauce) or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- Preheat oven to 200 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wipe any dirt off the mushrooms with a paper towel, cut each mushroom in half, and place them in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the mushroom glaze ingredients. Pour the glaze over the mushrooms in a bowl and mix until all the mushrooms are evenly coated.
- Pour the mushrooms onto the parchment-lined baking sheet and place them in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove and toss so they cook evenly. Roast for another 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large pan or wok with 1 tbs olive oil over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and diced shallots and cook for 1 minute. Add your broccoli, kale and any other veggies that you want to add in there, and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- While your vegetables are cooking, whisk together the noodle sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Add your cooked noodles to the pan of broccoli and kale and veggies, add the sauce, and stir until all the vegetables and noodles are evenly coated in sauce.
- Place a portion of noodles and vegetables into bowls and top them with the roasted mushroom and crispy tofu. Garnish with sesame seeds, sliced chilli peppers, and spring onions.