Happy St Patrick’s Day! For the weekend that’s in it – Why not have a go at this Green Goddess Cocktail
💚8 ounces vodka
💚1 teaspoon or 1 bag green tea
💚½ cup sugar
💚2 cups (packed) rocket
💚1 English cucumber
💚1 jalapeño, quartered, seeded
💚4 ounces fresh lemon juice
💚Mint sprigs (for serving)
1. Combine vodka and tea in a jar. Cover and let infuse overnight. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a small bowl; cover and chill.
2. Bring sugar and ⅓ cup water to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat, add rocket, and stir until wilted. Cover and let syrup steep 5 minutes, then strain into a small bowl;cover and chill for one hour.
3. Cut 12 thin slices from cucumber; set aside.
4. For each cocktail, finely grate one-fourth of remaining cucumber directly into a cocktail shaker. Add a piece of jalapeño and muddle until chile is broken into small pieces. Add 2 oz. green-tea vodka, 1 oz. rocket syrup, and 1 oz. lemon juice to shaker. Fill with ice and shake vigorously until outside of shaker is frosty, about 30 seconds.
5. Strain cocktail into a glass filled with ice and garnish with mint and 3 reserved cucumber slices.