Our Favourite One Pot Vegan Meals11th December 2019
Can I do Cardio Without Losing Muscle?12th April 2019
Daniel Davey is the founder of the online recipe and nutrition platform FoodFlicker. He is a performance nutritionist who works with elite GAA and professional Rugby teams as well as athletes in other sports including golf, hockey, athletics and cycling.
Today Food Flicker shares with us his recipe for Spicy Baked Eggs, Beef and Beans!
If you are looking for a tasty rest day meal for dinner this is a great option. High in protein, healthy fats and loads of fibre from the beans and vegetables. The chilli gives a really great kick to the dish but you can of course leave it out if you don’t like your food spicy!
- 300 g beef mince, lean
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 300 g beans
- 500 g chopped tomatoes
- Small head of broccoli , chopped
- 5 mushrooms, chopped
- 4 eggs
- Mature cheddar or mozzarella
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C
- Brown the beef in olive oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Add onion, broccoli, chillies and mushrooms, and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add beans (rinsed and drained) and chopped tomatoes, and stir for 2 minutes.
- Create 4 wells in the mix, and carefully crack an egg into each well.
- Season with salt and pepper or any of your favorite spices, and bake in oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove and add cheddar (grated) or mozzarella (chopped) and bake for further 5 minutes.
Find Food Flicker at the THRIVE on the Cookery Stage with Activia Saturday 30th March 2019 @ 11:00 and 15:00