#GutHealthy Brown Rice Miso Bowl20th November 2018
The Irish Runners Event Calendar!26th October 2018
What does it take to keep our bodies healthy? Usually, we end up taking our body’s health for granted until something goes wrong. However, digestive issues such as bloating, stomach pains, or flare-ups of common chronic illnesses such as IBS CAN be soothed by food! Consider skipping probiotic supplements and getting these nutrients naturally with this gut healthy recipe! Constantly hosting these beneficial probiotics in your body can help keep your immune system healthy and prevent unnecessary illnesses.
Warming Carrot, Ginger and Turmeric Soup
This recipe contains anti-bloat and anti-inflammatory benefits which is important for those with gastrointestinal issues but is helpful to anyone who is experiencing bloating or inflammation.
- 1 White Onion
- 3 Carrots
- 1 inch Piece of Fresh Ginger finely grated
- 2 inch Piece of fresh Turmeric finely grated
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 950ml Vegetable Stock
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Tinned Coconut Milk (for topping)
- Sesame Seeds (for topping)
- Dice the onion and carrot into chunks, and grate the ginger and turmeric finely.
- Heat a small amount of oil in the bottom of a large pot and saute the onion for 3 minutes until translucent, then add the minced garlic, turmeric and ginger and saute for another 1 minute.
- Next, add the diced carrot and saute for another 2 minutes. Then add the stock and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the carrot is cooked through and soft.
- Use a stick blender to blend the soup until it’s smooth, or transfer into a standing blender and blend. Stir in the lemon juice, then serve with a swirl of coconut milk and some sesame seeds.